Interview with Julie Humphreys @ Pax East 2013!
Welcome to this special with Diablo Expressions and Julie Humphreys, Lead Producer of the Diablo 3 on the console team. The interview was done at Pax East 2013 and I asked about the trials to get the game from the PC over to a state that could be played on a console. I also dug deeper into the details of the gameplay, user interface and several additions made that I notice that were not previously stated.
Here is a short list of time links to different parts of the interview itself:
- When did Console development start? - Watch
- Challenges from going from PC to Console? - Watch
- "Bonus Globe System" - Watch
- Further explanation on "Evade System" - Watch
- How hard was it to get controls right? - Watch
- Confirmation of elective mode (mapping abilities to any button) - Watch
- Patching and keeping up to date - Watch
- Confirmation of 4 player split screen & wrap up - Watch
- I go into further details of each part along with the "Hard Target Lock" function after the interview - Watch
Much to be heard and learned. I was a great time at Pax East and hanging out with the Blizz crew there. Look forward to doing more and going to BlizzCon!
I hope you enjoyed, and yes, better mic and audio next time too!
Dr. J Dredscythe